Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Collection Nichols Postcard Collection
Catalog Number 2013.006.965
Object Name Postcard
Title Turner Park, 30th and Farnam Streets, Omaha, Neb.
Description Color postcard. This postcard shows the view of a pathway inside Turner Park located at 30th and Farnam Streets in Omaha. The path is surrounded by trees and bushes. Curtiss Turner Park covers an area of 7.58 acres. It is bordered by Farnam, Dodge, 30th & 31st Streets. It is now commonly known as Turner Park and has often been spelt Curtis Turner Park. The land was donated to the city by Mrs. Charlotte M. Turner in 1900, and was developed as Curtiss Turner Park with Turner Boulevard running along its eastern edge. The son of Charlotte and her husband Charles, a real estate developer, Curtiss was a civil engineer who died in an 1898 avalanche in Alaska, and Mr. and Mrs. Turner wanted the land donation to be used as park to memorialize their son. It is connected to Hanscom and Bemis Parks via the boulevard system.
Place McLaughlin & Holtz, Omaha, Neb.